What To Expect
- Your first visit to TPI will be the start of getting your life back! You will meet with one of our medical professionals to do a full evaluation. This will include an in-depth look into your medical history and your current and past medication list will be reviewed for efficacy and safety. We will also review your past surgery list and current status/results.
- To help both you and the physician, please bring any information that may be helpful. This includes but is not limited to past x-rays, list of current and past medications, list of surgeries and procedures, and any other important information that will help us develop a plan for you.
- Lastly, to save you some time please fill out our, “New Patient Packet“. Bring this completed to your first visit to the clinic.
Procedure Day – Get Ready!
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time to avoid any unnecessary delay.
- If you are late to your appointment you may need to be rescheduled.
- Special Instructions: If you regularly take any prescription medications in the morning, take only with ONE small sip of water. Please stay on schedule with your heart medications.
- Instructions before the procedure:
- Let us know if you are on any antibiotics for any infections. You may need to reschedule your appointment if so.
- Be sure to shower the day of the procedure with antibacterial soap.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you home after the procedure if you will be having sedation. Your driver must be present in the office before you can be discharged.
- Nothing to eat or drink after 12 midnight the night before if your procedure/surgery is scheduled in the morning. For afternoon procedures, nothing to drink 8 hours prior to your appointment. Also, please do not chew gum. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your procedure getting cancelled.
- Stop any anti-inflammatory medicines (Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, etc), Coumadin or any other prescriptions blood thinners should be stopped 5 days prior to your procedure.
- Make sure you notify the staff of any allergies to medications.
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Please do not wear any jewelry or watches. Our staff is not responsible for lost belongings.
- Please leave any jackets, cell phones, etc with your driver.
- Instructions after the procedure – please call the office if you experience any of the following
- Fever over 100 degrees
- Swelling or redness at the procedure site
- Nausea or vomiting
- Persistent weakness not previously existing